Delight guests with this fruity bread pudding made with a lovely Cinnamon Raisin bread. This is the best copycat Panera Bread Pudding recipe you’ll find.
Panera Bread Pudding with Apples, Pecans, and Raisins
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 loaf of Cinnamon Raisin White Bread torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- Zest and juice of 1 large orange
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract or rum
- 8 small baking apples (about 2 pounds) such as Fuji, Gala, or Granny
- Smith, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup apple, quince, or blackberry jam or jelly
Directions for Panera Bread’s copycat bread pudding recipe
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
3. Add the bread and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until well coated.
4. Add the sugar, pecans, orange zest and juice, cider, and vanilla
5. Cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes until a sauce begins to form.
6. In a 9 x 13-inch baking dish, layer the bread mixture with the
apples and dot the top with the jam or jelly.
7. Bake 30 to 40 minutes, or until bubbly.
Look how pretty this Panera bread pudding turned out! I don’t know about you, but this is totally the next thing you need to serve at your upcoming dinner party! Of course, you might need to double the recipe for this bread pudding as it is sure to be popular. Get more fantastic recipes here.