I can’t believe Thanksgiving is already next week. Where did November go? Recently, I had the opportunity to visit the new Ruth’ Chris steakhouse in Kennesaw (review will be posted soon). The reason for this post is that I wanted to mention that they have a special menu for Thanksgiving day that is available for $29.95. The 3-course meal includes a soup or salad, Turkey with dressing, potatoes, broccoli, cranberry sauce and a dessert. As far as I know, this menu is available at all Ruth’s Chris Atlanta locations.
Planning on staying in for Thanksgiving? Ruth’s Chris is offering their sides that feed 8-10 people for $25 each. The choices are Sweet Potato Casserole, Creamed Spinach, Mashed Potatoes, and Broccoli Au Gratin. These need to be pre-ordered 48 hours in advance. My personal favorite is the Sweet Potato Casserole. I’ve included the recipe below as well.
Want to cook at home the old fashioned way? See below -Ruth’s Chris Select Recipes. Recipes courtesy of Ruth’s Chris.
RUTH’S OYSTER DRESSING
YIELD 12 generous portions.
TOOLS Large Skillet, Slotted Spoon, Large Bowl, Baking Dish
Smoked Sausage, finely diced 8 oz.
Hot Sausage: 8 oz.
(In New Orleans, hot sausage is a
fresh pork sausage seasoned with red pepper,
paprika and stuffed in pork casings like Italian
sausage without the fennel seeds.) If unavailable,
cut 8 oz. boneless pork shoulder into 1” cubes –
toss in a mixture of 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, 1
teaspoon paprika, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon
black pepper – let stand 2 hours, then grind or
Onions 2 medium
Celery 2 stalks
Green pepper 1 large
Fresh garlic 1/4 cup
Freshly chopped parsley 1 bunch
Chicken bouillon 4 cubes
Oysters – cleaned and drained (save the liquid) 4 pints
French bread (dried – cut into 1/2” cubes, 2 qts) 1 – 1/2 loaves
Butter 2 sticks
Salt, white pepper and cayenne pepper To taste
Eggs 6 large
1. Saute sausage – add vegetables – cook until soft on medium heat. Add parsley
and then remove from heat.
2. Saute oysters in 2 tablespoons of butter until the edges curl. Remove from skillet
with a slotted spoon and set aside to cool. Add remaining oyster liquid and
dissolve bouillon cubes, then bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and add the
butter (cut up into small pieces).
3. Chop cooled oysters and add to the vegetables.
4. In a large bowl beat eggs and stir in the vegetable and oyster mixture. Add bread,
oyster liquid and butter then mix well. Season to taste with salt, white pepper and
5. Bake in a buttered baking dish at 350 degrees for 1 hour covered; uncover for 15
SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE
YIELD Serves Approximately 6
TOOLS Mixing Bowl, Baking Dish
SWEET POTATO MIXTURE
Amount Measurement Ingredient Name
3 Cup Mashed Sweet Potatoes
1 Cup Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
2 Each Eggs, well beaten
1 Stick (1/2 cup) Butter
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1/3 Cup Flour
1 Cup Chopped Nuts (Pecans preferred)
1/3 Stick Butter, Melted
1. First, combine Crust Mixture in mixing bowl and hold on the side.
2. Combine Sweet Potato Mixture ingredients into a mixing bowl in the order listed. Combine
3. Pour mixture into buttered baking dish.
4. Sprinkle the surface of the sweet potato mixture evenly with the crust mixture.
5. Bake for 30 minutes at 350°. Allow to set at least 30 minutes before serving.
Other Restaurants with meals under $30. To make a reservation, click here.
Garrison’s Broiler and Tap – Vinings
McCormick & Schmick’s
No matter how you choose to spend your Turkey Day, I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!