Single? Coupled up? Married? No matter what box you check this Valentine’s Day, there are always better things to do than be herded in and out of a restaurant while you wolf down your four course meal. Here are five alternative ideas for Valentine’s Day in Atlanta. Since Valentine’s Day falls on a Tuesday this year, some events are the weekend prior.
- Fernbank After Dark (2/10) – This adults-only event, will take place the second Friday of each month, with a debut on Valentine’s weekend. Fernbank After Dark will offer a variety of unique experiences, including evening access to Museum exhibitions, live music, cocktails, tapas menus, films in the Imax theater, and more. The cost is $10 for museum members and $15 for non-members. Add $5 for a film.
- The Nest His and Hers Beer Dinner with Creature Comforts– There’s a separate menu for men and women. Menu highlights include Wagyu beef with lobster and wasabi mashed potatoes. The price is $144 for a pair of tickets inclusive of tip.
- Netherworld – Scream in the Dark (2/11) – Does being scared get your heart pounding? Experience NETHERWORLD by Candlelight on Valentine’s Day Weekend! Navigate dimly lit corridors and scenes armed only with an LED candle as swarms of monsters lurk just outside your range of vision. Cost is $28.95.
- Oakland Cemetery Love Stories (2/11 and 2/12) – The folks at the Historic Oakland Cemetery have a love stories tour. Be there on Feb. 11 or 12. Take your sweetheart or your best friend. You’ll hear stories of lovers from history and even see symbols of love in the cemetery. The one hour tour takes you to places in the Oakland cemetery not normally explored during regular tours. Price is $16.
- Second Self Yoga and Hoppiness ( 2/12) – Do you something good for your soul with a yoga class, then treat yourself to some beer samples. There will be all level yoga classes at 11:30 and 12:30. Tickets cover the yoga class, private brewery tour and 6 samples of beer. The special brew “Bleeding Heart” will be available and all guests are also going to be treated to a cupcake from Piece of Cake. Bring your own mat to the brewery. Tickets are $20 in advance and $25 at the door.